Friday, November 14, 2008

Traditions

After reading my sister’s blog about her Christmas traditions, I wanted to post a blog about mine. There are a few that I’ve had since I was a kid, some that I started a few years back, and some that I plan on starting when Nathan and I move into our own place.

First off, Thanksgiving traditions:

~I have to have my mom’s stuffing!! She will not be here this Thanksgiving, so I have to make it myself. Hopefully, it comes out just as good.

~I also enjoy watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I usually miss the first hour or so because I am sleeping, but I like to sit and watch whatever I can.

~Thanksgiving week, usually a day or two before, I like to make a homemade Pumpkin Pie and French Apple Pie. I like to make other goodies, too.

~BLACK FRIDAY!! I really enjoy going shopping early on Black Friday. My mom and I use to do this every year, but when I moved out and started working at the Disney Store, I had to work that morning, so I’ve missed out on the sales the past few years. However, I plan on going shopping this year, even if I don’t buy anything, I am still going!

Christmas Traditions:

~My mom and I use to decorate for Christmas the day of or after Thanksgiving. We use to go to my great grandma’s house for Thanksgiving lunch and then come home and start decorating; then we would eat some leftovers and go to sleep early, so we could get some rest for Black Friday. I will start decorating for Christmas the weekend of Thanksgiving when Nathan and I move into our own place.

~I have to watch Christmas movies when I wrap presents. I usually start shopping in June or July and I put all the presents away and then start wrapping them in November after I buy new wrapping paper.

~When I was little, I use to watch the cartoon version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” ever Christmas Eve. Now, as long as I watch it sometime around Christmas, I am happy.

~The TV station, T.B.S., always runs “A Christmas Story” for 24 hours starting on Christmas Eve, and I usually watch it sometime Christmas Day.

~One presents gets opened on Christmas Eve.

~Bake cookies on Christmas Eve.

~Buy an ornament that someone reflects the past year.

Traditions I want to start up when Nathan and I move:

~Decorate for Christmas during Thanksgiving weekend, while listening to Christmas music.

~Continue the opening of one present on Christmas Eve. When we have kids, I want their one gift to be new pajamas, so they have cute and new PJs for their Christmas pictures (I am taking that tradition from my sister).

I can’t think of any new traditions that I want to start at the moment, but I am sure that there will be plenty in the future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails