Saturday, September 27, 2008

Clumsy Me

I have always been the one to run into walls, trip over my own feet, and accidently cut or burn myself when cooking. But, I've never once seriously hurt myself from being clumsy. Well, last night was one for the books...I fell down the stairs!

That's right, I fell full force down about eight stairs!

There is a baby gate at the top of the stairs to keep the cat from going up there because she likes to pee on our beds. Well, I was climbing over it and my pants somehow got caught on it and I fell face first down the stairs. I don't remember much after that....

I woke up in a lot of pain on the couch where Nathan had moved me. He said I was knocked out for about 30 seconds and I wasn't moving. He checked to make sure my arms, legs, back, and neck weren't broken and then rolled me over and picked me up off the floor.

I layed there on the couch with my head throbbing, knees hurting, and mouth bleeding. Nathan and his mom thought it would be a good idea to take me to the hospital. So, Nathan drove me to the emergency room....after only about an hour in the hospital and a CAT scan later, they released me. I had a major concussion, bruised and cut up knees, a swollen nose, bruised chin with rug burn, a cut up lower lip on the inside, muscle soreness in both arms and lower back, and a major headache.

I am still in a lot of pain and my head hurts really bad, but I am okay. I just need to take it easy and have Nathan keep an eye on me because I still have dizzy spells and I am very tired. I just wanted to let everyone know what happened and that I am okay.

1 comment:

Just Me. said...

I was a little concern about that gate when I was there, I almost fell. And I had a funny feeling that someone was going to, but thinking that it was suppose to be me I said nothing. Sorry, I should have told you to be careful. You just need to rest and take it easy. My question is, did Nathan hear you fall? Did Issack hear you? And how could Laurie not see you fall? Ok, I asked, I feel better. If you need some of my miracle cream let me know and I will send you some. I have 2 1/2 bottles of it. Love you, please be careful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails