Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Holidays with the family

This year for Thanksgiving and Christmas I will be away from my family back home in California. I will, however, be with Nathan and his family here in Colorado. But, I think that I am going to plan a trip back to California next Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday and I absolutely love spending that specific holiday with my mom. We have our own traditions that I have missed out the past few years. Some of my favorite traditions are:

~Making desserts
~Going to my grandma's ranch
~Seeing all the family
~Decorating for Christmas that weekend

But, I think the tradition that I miss the most is when me and my mom would get up early at go shopping on Black Friday. That was always so much fun...cold!!...but, nonetheless, a lot of fun. I also really miss the Christmas craft shows that we use to do together.

I would really love to go to my Auntie Drina's house for Thanksgiving. She lives in a beautiful town that has this essence about it that makes anyone feel at home.

I think that since I am spending this holiday season with Nathan and his family that we should both fly to California next year for Thanksgiving. What do you think? That would make me very happy...to be able to go home and see all my family during a very happy time of year. Plus, I get to eat all the yummy food!! :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails